Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Days Go By....

It has been pretty boring here in Rexburg for me. I'm not in school, and I'm not working.... makes it pretty slow.

Adele went back to work last week and I babysat Taylor on Friday and Saturday. This week I will watch her Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. She is so much fun to have around! It is surprising how much you don't get done with a baby. Jarom has been a great help too. He put her to sleep and she slept on the couch for about an hour until she ate. I put her down after she falls asleep, and she wakes up within 5 minutes. I don't know how he did it. He is also very helpful for the things that I need two hands for. He is going to be a great dad when the time comes.

Jarom is doing well in his classes. He is taking 15 credits. Mostly Geography classes for his minor, plus 2 history classes to finish up his major. He will walk in December, and will only have 2 online classes to take after we move to Denver. YEA for him!!! He took an online class during the 7 week break between semesters. Due to crazy work hours and problems with the testing center on campus, Jarom wasn't able to finish it before fall semester started. The teacher was nice enough to give him an extension, so it is all due this Thursday. He has been working so hard to get it finished on time, and keep up with his current classes. He has made too many trips to the online testing center, because there have been plenty of problems. I think he is going to get it all done on time. He is such a trooper.

We have spent many late nights on the couch together with our laptops- me watching TV shows online and Jarom working on papers and homework. Although we don't communicate all the much, it is nice to just be next to each other. It is always a little depressing to go to be alone, so I try to avoid it at all costs. Plus, I don't have to wake up early, so I don't mind staying up late.

Last weekend my long-time friend, Elizabeth Bowler, got married in the Logan, UT temple. She looks gorgeous and we were happy to be there to celebrate the day with them. We had a great time celebrating with them and also got to see many of our friends from High School. We say Laura (Lu-Bug), Sydney and her husband, and Jaden. It was worth the drive to Logan just to see everyone and catch up. Unfortunately, while there, I found out that they are moving to McCall, ID for the rest of the semester. SAD!! When she moves back, we will be moving to Denver. I'm so sad that we are going to miss each other. I really wanted to get to know her husband better and be able to spend some time with both of them before we leave Rexburg. I don't know the next time we will be in the same area after we move, which makes it even harder. I know it is right for them to move where they have a job and a place to stay and all those decisions you make when you are married, but I'm sad for my own selfish reasons. Hopefully we can go up and visit them before we move to Denver, and they will come to visit us sometime. They will be greatly missed!!!!

I have picked up a new hobby- scrap booking. It has been something I've wanted to do for a long time, but I never had the money or time to get addicted to it. Adele gave me the little push I needed by telling me that at the local hobby store they sell the stuff for a 2 page spread with directions for only $5. I can afford that!! Plus, they have a class you can go to on Thursdays that specifically focus on the pages for that week. We haven't gone to the actual class yet due to illness and Adele going back to work, but maybe some day.

I have recently got addicted to the TV show Heroes. I watched the first two seasons instantly on the Netflix website, and now I'm ready for the new season. We are also excited for The Office to back on!! Thursdays are the BEST!!

That is about it from here. I wish it was more exciting.

1 comments:

The Smaellies said...

Katie, you do to have a job! Other than watching Taylor, you keep me entertained! Remember...community service!! You are helping out the new moms! I love you so much and DO NOT WANT YOU TO LEAVE!!

You needed me to push you to scrapbook and I needed you :) We will both spend the little money we have on paper and embelishments. Yeah for scrapbooking!