You know when you find something wonderful and you want to share it with everyone? Well I have found Charming Charlie!! I first found the store while visiting family in Phoenix, AZ. I was shopping alone and spent an hour and a half in the store. It is an fashion accessory boutique- purses, hats, scarves, wallets, earrings, necklaces, rings, shoes, etc etc. If I had been wearing different shoes, I probably could have stayed longer-- I didn't even look at the necklaces, rings, and earrings because I was so captivated by the purses, wallets, hats, and scarves. I looked on their website and was happy to find that they had two locations in Denver. It is a fabulous store meant for every single woman, especially as a girls night!! Not only do they have an amazing selection, they organize the store by color families. So if you are not up to exploring the vast selection of accessories, you can head straight to the right color family to find your accessories. It is AMAZING!!! And pretty affordable unless, like me, you can't help but buy something every time you visit. They are in 20 states so check it out and see if there is a location near you!!
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Posted by Jarom and Katie Walz at 26.5.11
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Posted by Jarom and Katie Walz at 16.1.11
Monday, November 8, 2010
Posted by Jarom and Katie Walz at 8.11.10
2. Everyone keeps bringing me a wheelchair to take me places. But I feel lazy taking a whee
lchair places. I drove here myself and I walked all the way to my room to check in. At what point did my health decline so much that I need to be carted around? How do I get on the non-wheelchair list? Because when they bring the wheelchair and I don’t sit in it, then we both get to walk the wheelchair around with us. That is awkward. Also, you have to have a transport person everywhere you go, just in case you pass out somewhere without anyone to help you. When should I point out that I drove myself here. Was that unsafe?
3. Up until this point, my visit to the hospital had been uneventful. It helps when you know what you are doing, but overall I was the “easiest patient.” They started me on a new IV med today called vancomycin. The Dr wanted me to start it slowly because I’ve never had it before. So the nurse told me about possible side effects and everything and we started it. About an hour into it, the nurse came in to move it a little faster. They wanted it done in 2 hours, and at the current speed it would take 2.5 hours. So not a huge difference. About 5-10 min later my scalp started itching. And not just a little... like a ton!! And then it moved to my cheeks and on to the back of the neck. So I called the nurse because one of the side effects is called “red man” where you get all flushed. Didn’t mention itching, but I was itching enough to know that it wasn’t random. So my nurse decided to give me a shot of benadryl. He gave me 25mg, which is the size of a normal pill, so no big deal. It stopped the itching but about 30 seconds later I was totally floating and almost passed out. I was holding on to things to try and keep me steady even though I was already sitting. I guess my body wan’t use to the IV benadryl. Also, I had been doing my vest and nebulizer at the same time, which I’m sure did not help the situation. For about 10-20 min I had everyone watching me while I took deep breaths an concentrated on not passing out. It eventually went away, but then I was super sleepy, which is a normal side effect of benadryl.
4. This one is titled Ice Water. I don’t know what the deal is, but everyone is always asking if I want some ice water. And some just bring it without asking. Sometime I come back to my room or come out of the bathroom, and there is a big cup of ice water. What is the deal? It is getting a little out of hand! This morning around 4:30 I woke up to the alarm on my IV machine, which was very loud. They were trying to fix it, and here comes one of the nurses with a huge cup of ice water. Honestly? Did she really think that I was going to stay up and drink it? It was 4 flippin’ 30 in the morning!! (Which is exactly what I texted to Traci when it happened.)
5. They had to draw more blood and the guy asked if I was ok with it on the inside of my wrist. I responded with, “I can’t see why not? No one has even been looking there.” Now I know why not!! It hurts worse after!! So much worse!! So when I said, “why not?” his response should have been, “because it hurts more.” The warning would have been much appreciated!!
6. Last night Laurel and Layna came to visit. When I was doing my vest Layna wanted to take a picture because she was proud of me and said it made me cool. I said sarcastically, “yeah, so cool with my big white puffy vest with velcro.” And then we look over at Laurel who is wearing a white puffy vest with buttons. It was so funny. We took a picture to show the similarities.
Posted by Jarom and Katie Walz at 8.11.10
Monday, September 20, 2010
Posted by Jarom and Katie Walz at 20.9.10
Monday, July 12, 2010
Posted by Jarom and Katie Walz at 12.7.10